Stoke , Loud and Proud
FANS FORUM AND STOKE CITY MEETING
Present: Terry Hughes, Bryan Shaw (SCSC), Tony Tams (SCSC), Philip Tranter (SCWIM) Julia Zuk (Southern Supporters), Malcolm Clarke (MandN Supporters) Andy Harrison (Potters Trust), Paul Barker (SCWIM), Laurence King (SCSC)
Stoke City: Tony Scholes, Della Birchall
1.APOLOGIES : No apologies
2. MATTERS ARISING FROM LAST MEETING: No outstanding issues
3. SEASON TICKET SALES/ TICKETING SYSTEM – Home game surcharges for tickets purchased over the phone would continue, it is hoped that an online facility without this surcharge would be in place for next season.
4. DELILAHS BAR / CLUB SHOP:
Proposed plans for redeveloping these areas were still not available
5. LEGENDS / PREMIER CONCOURSE DETAILS
John Smiths Upper Tier (NORTH) to be refurbished during the close season
6. AWAY DAY SCHEME re PLAY OFFS AND FINAL and NEXT SEASON!:
The scheme would be in place for the semi-final away game, the scheme would not be required for the final at Wembley.
7. MARKETING/ I.T FACILITIES/ P.R:
The Forum members were told that quite a few changes would be implemented during the close season. Tony Scholes admitted that there are areas of P.R from the Club that are still causing concern but he was confident that most or all of the complaints currently levelled at the Club would be resolved during the close season.
The P.A system was discussed and sound levels would be checked prior to the Colchester game.
8. BRITANNIA STADIUM/ FLAGS:
Whilst the Club acknowledge that certain areas of the stadium are in need of a ‘face lift’, whilst work will be undertaken during the close season, the Club are not exclusively responsible for the general up keep of the stadium and negotiations are ongoing to resolve any improvements regarding the condition of the Stadium.
The flags will not return! The Health and Safety Executive have deemed that the position of the flag poles are too dangerous to be used.
9. CAR PARKS No decision had been reached regarding the charges for next season. The Club only lease the car parks, so the surface of the South car park is unlikely to be improved until the situation changes.
A joint statement from Tony Scholes and Terry Hughes will be in the first home match programme next season, outlining the work done by both the Club and the Forum on behalf of the supporters.
Beam back for QPR game
This was agreed, subject to the result of the Colchester game. Mrs Lawtons complaint about unfair handling of season ticket compensation was discussed and Tony Scholes has agreed to deal with the matter personally. A giant 'STOKE CITY' flag will be presented from the Stoke Supporters group prior to the start of the Colchester game
13 DATE OF NEXT MEETING:
14th of May at Mid-Day